2012年2月12日日曜日

Top Ten Mile Times

top ten mile times

Rockhoppers at Rocky Raccoon 50 and 100 mile endurance runs

The Rockhoppers did well at RR. And we had fun too! Some Highlights and Race Report excerpts;


The Rockhoppers performed well in the Tejas 300 standings. Of the 14 runners to complete series, Rachel was 3d, The Legend was 5th and Jean was 6th.
The Legend-Larry Pearson


Hey Gang, If any of you do not get updates from Endurance Buzz on facebook or by email, you might want to check out the writeup on Rocky Raccoon 100. Here was one of the lines: The top TALON male was Scott Rabb (TX) who finished 10th male (11th OA) in 17:56:43!
Also, Rachel was 5th overall female TALON. (TALON is short for runners from Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, & New Mexico)
Also, Anabel was credited for duking it out for 2nd in the 50 miler with a 5 second win!
Finally, Lalo was not mentioned, but won an age group award in the 50 with his top ten finish!
AWESOME ROCKHOPPERS!



Chris's top 20 memories from RR

20        Jean and I trying to find the best way to pick our way through the mud and not ever succeeding.

19        Seeing Lalo swallowed up by Brian's jacket.

18.   Hal Koerner's car being towed.

17.   Crossing the Dam. I don't really enjoy the scenery at RR but crossing the Dam at night is really cool.

16         Jean's bathroom story.

15         Seeing Rachel look like she was going to totally collapse at the end of loop 4 only to see here say, "20 more miles" and determinedly moving forward

14         Jean's post race feet. You had to be there.


Best Blue Note Album in the World Ever
Learn more

13         Hearing Rachel's explanation on how she made a wrong turn (it was all Lalo's fault).

12        Congratulating The Legend on being the 2d fastest 100 miler in his household.

11         Jean and I playing leapfrog the last 10 miles with these two runners lit up like and airport runway.

10          Eating about 10 of Liza's donut holes.

9.        Jean and I wondering how far behind us The Legend was and whether he had snuck past us at DamNation

8.         Seeing Rachel look like she was going to totally collapse at the end of loop 4 only to see here say, "20 more miles" and determinedly moving forward

7.         Seeing Tom being paced by his Brian Ricketts "clone"

6.       Getting word that Elizabeth finished. I was worried that she wouldn't finish on time and she dug deep and blistered the last lap.

5.         Hearing Amanda Alvarado describe how completing 100 miles was harder than childbirth.

4.        Lynn Ballard (DamNation Captain) drove past Jean and I in his truck out to the road. We see the truck stop 100 yards ahead of us. As we get to it, we see a runner on the side of the truck puking his guts out and Lynn telling the runner to "let it all out." Lynn sees me and says "We timed that just for you Chris".

3        Having 50 photos of Tom with the Rockhoppers and Joe post race. Felt like I was at a wedding.

2.      Hanging out with the other Rockhoppers. When I first move to Texas in 2006 I spent the first year running and doing races by myself. It is so much more enjoyable now.

1.       Seeing Tom and Michelle walking down the final straightway together. Arms around each other. Very moving. I think my eyes almost watered up.

Tony"s Top 10


Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby's First Blocks
Learn more

10.Arriving just I time to see Lalo come in 7th in the 50 miler.
9. John and I visiting with Eliot, Liza's Dad, and Eliot's Dad as
Liza comes through mile 63 with Kelli, and hugs and kisses for all of us.
8. Kelli pacing not one but two Rockhoppers in her colorful leggings and cool hat!
7. Jeanie providing warmth and comfort ,as usual, at Camp Mihalik. And hanging out with the Rockhoppers here.
6. watching Rachel come in at mile 60 "in the zone"
5. Tom in great spirits As he transitioned at mile 60
4. Running into "The legend" on the trail with his pacer Tim trying to keep up.
3. Amanda greeted by another runner after recognizing her from the Captain Karl series where she told him to "look away".
2.listening to Amanda get into a rhythmic breathing pattern near the end and coming back to life when she sensed the finish line. Then scaring and surprising me as she begins screaming and hollering joyfully.
I struggled to keep up with her pace the last quarter mile.
1. Rockhoppers at the finish line.


 Thank you to all Rockhoppers for your support at RR and a special thank you to Amanda, Lalo, Tim, and rich's wife she was sooo nice to me(sorry forgot her name:( (Jeanie)

> Elizabeth Gonzalez



From Josh's report:
This was getting ridiculous.  I have 3 more 20-mile loops of this!?  Are you kidding me?  Please note, this version of the story is much cleaner and classier than ANY of the thoughts running through my head.  I had resorted to a shuffle run.



From Amanda's report:
Lalo, I am so lucky to have you as my partner in life. The strength
and support you give me is unbelievalbe. You have seen me at my worst
and my best and love me no matter what. That RR100 buckle was for you
and our boys! I can't wait to support you at CR100. Love you!
And...Liza...Coach Liza, it is an honor being able to say that my
coach is Liza Howard and even a greater honor to say that you are my
friend. Thank you so much for training me to get to that finish line.



Felicidades Amanda!!!  I'm so happy for your accomplishment you did Great, You know that!!! You were surrounded by great people who believed in you and supported you all the way including myself!!! Love you Chingos!!!!
--Elizabeth Gonzalez


From Tom's report:
  I think my wife, Michele, enjoyed those last 4.5 miles as much as I did. We took it really slow and walked with our arms around each other most of the way.
The Sun was finally coming up and the best thing was taking the headlamp off - like a shackle to the night being removed! I got my wife to take my picture by the lake at mile 98. I told her all of the funny stories along the way and started to picture the finish line growing closer. I saw 4-5 runners catch me and scoot by as they pushed to break 26 hours. I had no concerns about the time - I wanted to move forward, yet enjoy every last second of this experience. We came around the bend and heard a "whoop" from the finish line. I saw my friends starting to gather and it was the best finish line gathering I could ever wish for! A kiss for Michele, hugs for my pacers, Joe and Kelli, and all of my Rockhopper buddies! Tony was helping bring Amanda home, so we missed those two + others who were done and starting their recovery, but it was a great Rockhopper gathering nonetheless!



Lalo's Recap:
Runners--truly inspirational to see you all get out there loop after loop especially on the 4th and 5th loops in the dark, cold and wet conditions. It was also really fun and encouraging to see you all on the course. I enjoyed helping you all after I had finished the 50.

Pacers and crew--I was amazed at how many of you all drove 4+ hours to support your rockhopper teammates. You all exemplify the true meaning of friendship and teamwork!  It is truly an honor to be a part of this group. You all make the experience so much more fun and enjoyable. It is fun to be around others who love this sport as much as I do.

Special thanks to Rich and Jeanie for all of their support.  It was great to have a tent to keep our bags dry and allow us to change clothes. It was also amazing to have a heater to keep us warm during the night. You all absolutely spoil us time and time again. Thank you for all of your hard work and effort and your willingness to share it with your teammates.
Another special thanks to Tony for being a great friend and pacer. Thanks for keeping Amanda safe and keeping her moving forward.  You are the best hermano!
Finally, I hope Brian is getting good use of the sweatshirt that I gave him after the race cause it will probably fit him a little better.  Upon seeing Tom's Facebook pics, Amanda commented, " who is that dufus-looking guy holding up Tom's legs?.....oh wait, that is my husband!"
And inspired by Joe T, I just ordered my Ricketts race tee. I will send a pic in a few days when I receive it. 





Awesome job to everyone this weekend.  I had a blast.  Thanks to Rachel for once again proving to me that I'm not nearly as tough as I think I am.

These are our most popular posts: top ten mile times

Rockhoppers at Rocky Raccoon 50 and 100 mile endurance runs

Here was one of the lines: The top TALON male was Scott Rabb (TX) who finished 10th male (11th OA) in 17:56:43! Also, Rachel was 5th overall female TALON. ... 10.Arriving just I time to see Lalo come in 7th in the 50 miler. 9. John and I visiting with Eliot, Lizas Dad, and Eliots Dad as. Liza comes through mile 63 with Kelli, and hugs and kisses for all of us. 8. Kelli pacing not one but two Rockhoppers in her colorful leggings and cool hat! 7. Jeanie providing warmth and comfort ,as ... read more

Is this why Lance decided to race Ironman this year? - EverymanTri ...

... Kona in 2011 on twitter. In hopes of changing his mind Ben Greenfield came up with the Top Ten Reasons why the 7-time TdF champ should. ... We have a better time trial warm-up: a 2.4 mile swim. No more blank staring at ... read more

running farmer: Rocky Raccoon Pt II The Background

I had been thinking for some time about taking a shot at completing a 50 mile trail run. Like many, I suppose, ..... He got off course, logged some bonus mileage and still finished in the top ten with a time of 8:04:47. He says hes ... read more

Why Not Visit Ten Mile Creek For Your Next Vacation « House ...

Why Not Visit Ten Mile Creek For Your Next Vacation. Publish This Article On Your Site ... In truth, the winter can be the best time to enjoy the abundance of outdoor activities Colorado has to offer. Visit any of the numerous ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿